Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Livin', Lovin', and SUP-Pin'

My heart is pounding!   I'm about to jump off of a cliff.


No, wait!

Maybe it's more like losing my virginity. There IS only one first time. It should be special. I should be prepared and completely ready.

Maybe I should wait, but my friends say it's awesome! That once the deed is done, it gets better and it can be addictive. (HHmmmm. So enticing!)

Various reading material says the first time is uncomfortable. Possibly it could hurt, but it definitely gets better. My mind nags, why go through all of the pain?

I'm SOOOOO conflicted! My mind says no, but then again....

What AM I talking about here?

UMmm. (cough/blushing) I'm only referring to blogging/writing.

Friends and family, and even a few people I've only just met, have mentioned in conversation that I should write. WHAT??? Me? A writer? Oh, I don't know. That's really scary!

What if people don't like it?
What if I'm ridiculed or criticized?
What would my family say?

Well I say... Here goes nothing!

Let's face some fears today! I'm ALL about trying new things!
 
Hmmmm. Now what to write about?????

My brain is about to explode. The possibilities are endless. The list must be narrowed!
 
Well, I DO love LIFE!  I LOOO-HOVE to try new things! I LOVE to travel! And yoga and SUP, aka stand up paddleboarding.
This is SUP or Stand Up Paddleboard
Gardening and nature and animals.
     

  OooooHhhh, I really LOVE wine and food!
Market in Banbury, England

Junk! Yep, I love Junk!
This was free. Can you believe it?!?!


Repurposing and recycling and did I mention my "real" job? Home renovation? Yeah,which, by the way, is not one tiny bit like the stuff they show you on HGTV! Which is okay. Because it helped me along my path. I always knew, since I was a little girl, that I wanted to do home reno-I just didn't know that's what it was called.

So what I want to write about is life and these things that I love the most. Travel, and the adventures that ensue, SUP, yoga, or a combination of the two, flowers and gardening, food and wine and I'm sure I'll sneak something in about my awesome dogs, and stuff about junk and renovating and probably, on occasion, some other random tidbits that have been rolling around in my brain. Did I mention I tend to ramble on and sometimes use a run on sentence? (although not too often because it's pet peeve #91)

So I guess this is it. (DEEP BREATH)

I guess I'm about to lose my, um, (cough) "V card", so to speak.  So seriously. What's the worst thing that could happen? (I could remain the 40-year old writer virgin and live in ignorant bliss. Oh! The Horror!) Perhaps no one likes it or reads it. Well when put that way, I've gone through FAR worse struggles.

So here goes. I guess this marks the beginning of my blog.

My life as a writer...

One time counts, right?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging life, Heather! I'm looking forward to upcoming posts - especially junk-transformation!

    ReplyDelete